Welcome to Howardsville Canoe Livery
Come on down to Howardsville where you can relax on the river and get away from the maddening crowd and enjoy the peace and quiet. We are a family oriented business and a river outfitter for renting canoes and kayaks while also providing custom batteau trips. We are an environmentally conscious company that embraces a leave no trace philosophy and promotes environmental stewardship of our rivers and their rich cultural heritage. We are knowledgeable of the history, geography, geology and fishing along the rivers we run.
"Plan canoeing, kayaking, and special batteau trips by the day or overnight with us on the James River in Virginia. We are a full service canoe livery that rents canoes and kayaks."
"Book a trip with Howardsville Canoe Livery and relax on the James, Rockfish or Tye Rivers. Individual, family or group tours can be arranged with your equipment or use ours. Shuttle service is available. Camp grounds will be open in the near future. Enjoy a relaxing day on the river."
Howardsville Canoe Livery, LLC is owned and operated by Jimmy Crews and Roger Nelson, who both grew up along the banks of the James River and have spent much of their lives paddling the waters in the area.
- Phone: (434) 286-3331.
- Just 15 minutes west of Scottsville.
- Conviently located in central Virginia and a short drive from Charlottesville, Lynchburg, Farmville, Richmond and many other city's and town's in central Virginia.
- Our activities are on the James River, and water levels permitting the Rockfish and Tye Rivers.
- 16' Old Town Camper canoes and 10' Perception Pescador kayaks.
- Batteau - Wooden boat designed for the James River, approx. 7 1/2' wide by 40' long.